Here is an interesting artilce about SEO vs Social Media…
The terms SEO and Social Media come up a lot in the digital world. But which of the two is more effective in driving business?
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is a technique that can improve the visibility of your website on organic search. Social Media tools provide businesses the opportunity to interact with customers while at the same time provide them with the information about the company.
Advantages of SEO
- Increased online visibility. It can improve results for organic searches
- Targeted Traffic. Once you manage to rank your website at the first results for your keywords, the quality of the traffic improves.
- Low cost. SEO is more affordable compared to online campaigns such as AdWords.
- Long-term results. SEO allows your optimized position to remain as long as you update and keep on improving keywords and other objects on your website.
- No impact on aesthetics. The optimization of the website’s visibility can be done without involving changes of feel.
Disadvantages of SEO
- Limited control. Your position is dependent on the constantly changing algorithms, therefore you have little control.
- Difficult to predict ROI. It is very difficult to predict ROI based only on the results of SEO
- Constant improvement. To maintain a position on the first results on search engines, you need continuously to monitor and respond to the new conditions.
- Increased Spams. When your website improves its position, the possibility of receiving spam content increases.
Do you have any success stories with SEO?
Have a look at some more ideas for online marketing – www.247marketonline.co.uk